- When this movie first came out, I distinctly remember not being thrilled with a non-Potter wizard movie, but ended up enjoying the movie
- That being said, I have not seen this since my first watch, nor do I think I’ve really even thought about the series since
- The incredibly monotone New York color scheme does effectively convey that we’re in a non-magical setting, but it’s also pretty dull
- Okay, wow, I forgot just how adorable the Niffler is and how much I relate to its unceasing quest for shiny things
- The Second-Salemers family is incredibly creepy, and the worst collection of haircuts put to screen
- Queenie is the absolute best part of this movie by at least seven miles
- The sequence where we’re introduced to all of the fantastic beasts is lovely, though the creatures are much uglier than most of the critters we see around Hogwarts
- The slow-motion Niffler capture is an exquisite scene that is both beautifully filmed and hilarious
- The man who snorts across a snowy ground in order to attract a bulbus rhino has an actual Academy Award
- The death of the politician is one of the most violent deaths in the Wizarding World
- Eddie Redmayne does an awful lot of mouth acting for someone who doesn’t have any lips
- Someone is going to need to explain why sometimes the wizards can apparate and sometimes they run – why would you ever run? Running is awful?
- Ezra Miller is fabulous in every sense of the word, but I have literally no idea how old he is supposed to be in this movie
- How is this movie going to another type of smoke monster villain?
- Literally every time Jon Voight showed up, I thought “Jon Voight is in this?!”
- The queer symbolism of Credence’s repression is the most interesting thing happening in this movie
- What an unbelievable downgrade to go from being Colin Farrell to Johnny Depp?
- For the first film in a series, this movie has like twelve endings
The Final Potion
Harry Potter and the Wait Harry Potter Isn’t In This One is a good movie. However, it’s nothing particularly special. It does not capture the magical essence of the Harry Potter series, but there’s some fun to be had. If you like a parade of CGI critters, it’s a fun ride.