- There is an honest chance I’ve never rewatched this movie – I don’t even think that I visited it again before seeing Part 2
- I distinctly remember this being the most draining of all the Potterfests
- So, we’re all in agreement now that the Smoke Monster from Lost was a Death Eater who went down on the plane, right?
- Yes, it’s horrific, but it’s also pretty hilarious that the dark wizards spend a good chunk of their time having evil board meetings
- Yo. I forgot there was yet another Weasley boy
- The chase through the sky is thrilling, but I still need someone to explain to me why the Death Eaters don’t exclusively throw out murder spells – why zap off someone’s ear?
- The Lovegoods dance exactly like my sister when she’s drunk
- I hate precisely every bit of the not-Dobby elf business
- I know it was probably very important for book readers to have them all, but I feel like we could have done with about half of the number of new characters introduced this late in the game
- Harry and Hermione trying to find a moment of happiness is so tender even with Harry’s “dancing”
- Nagini is the most badass movie snake since Anaconda from Anaconda
- Voldemort tries to destroy Ron with, uh, gossip
- The “Three Brothers” story is truly stunning and, without question, one of the most interesting formal experiments taken by this series
- I get that the snatchers are called snatchers because they snatch people, but also based on their outfits, I’m convinced they are an indie band called The Snatchers
- Dobby slowly unscrewing the chandelier is why comedy exists
- Bellatrix might actually be the big bad, cause my spooky queen does some damage in these movies
The Final Potion
Harry Potter and the Series of Moments that Set Up an Actual Conclusion is far more thrilling than memory serves. Though the film tries to accomplish more than it successfully can in 150 minutes, its maturity and blockbuster scale perfectly set the audience up for an immediate jump into Part 2.